Sunday, June 20, 2010

Building, building, building...

We've come along way in the building process. Well, for us at least...we signed the contract in like March or something. Our house was finally started on Monday. Not much to see, but definitely exciting for us.


The foundation should be poured soon!

We also had our last design center appointment. I have learned new things about Michael through this process. For example, should mechanical engineering ever fail him, he definitely has a back up career in interior design. Seriously, our designer was very impressed with him. She also mentioned to him that she loves the effort we have both put into our house and that not many people have shown the same level of detail as we have. That's nice to hear as we have been pretty picky. I can't understand why you wouldn't when you are building from the ground up. Details we have chosen include wide base boards to give a pottery barn look, a large stone fireplace with raised hearth, pine ceiling on the patio, and many other things.


Kitchen selections and the flooring which will be throughout the entire first floor of the house. The white cabinets are for the island.

In baby news, be on the look out for a post on Wednesday or soon after. We find out the sex! The below pictue is me at 19 weeks. I look a lot bigger than I feel. Maybe I just ate too much that day :)

4 comments:

  1. I love it! And oh my gosh- I need to see you again. The last time I saw you you'd have to TELL someone you were with child, but now you're without a doubt a precious pregnant woman! I love the baby bump, Auntie Sarah! :)
    ps- Every other day Carter asks if Auntie Sarah has had her baby yet, haha. He has NO idea how long it takes ;)
    Can't wait till Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting!! I just want to know the sex and to see the nursery ideas. Hehe!! Such a cute bump! You know what's crazy?! I think the last time you saw me I was also 19/20 weeks pregnant. It was Kristin's wedding and we'd just found out the sex. Can't believe how fast time flies! I hope to see you when I come into town. I miss you guys!

    PS: House designs look beautiful! Post the floorplan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kristin - haha, I really don't think I look that big. I need to take some more pics. Aww sweet Cart. He will soon learn as he gets anxious for his new bro/sis to arrive!

    Care - I can't believe it's been that long. Definitely call when you're here. I want to see you! Floorplan post is a good idea! I will do that after I get through the sex of the baby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah,

    I love your entries and photos! Just in your writing I can hear the happiness in your voice and see the eagerness on your face. I can't wait for the arrival of your precious, little package! Super excited to see you and Mike (and Kim and Chris) tomorrow for dinner!

    ReplyDelete