Thursday, July 22, 2010

Growing

Sorry! I keep telling myself I need to update, but I get pooped by the end of the day. Okay, well maybe a little laziness too.

Lots has been going on as usual. We picked a name, she's growing, I'm growing, the house is growing, our collection of goodies is growing. One thing that is not growing is my to do list or the space to keep all of the goodies we've started collecting (diapers, wipes, clothes - thanks to a co-worker of mine)! This may be a once in a lifetime accomplishment for me too. My to do lists never shrink, they typically grow and grow and grow.

Guess I'll start with the name. Most people know by now that we've decided on her name. For those who haven't heard yet, her name is Elliette. No middle name yet. This is still a work in progress. I am so relieved to have her first name picked out as this was probably the scariest task for me. Not even labor & delivery have put an ounce of fear me as much as the naming part has. Now it's done and we're very happy with her name!

Other decisions we've made are the bedding, stroller and car seat. Can't wait for Elliette to be able to use all of this stuff!




Elliette's bedding from PB Kids




Her stroller - chocolate brown and silver. There's a matching car seat too.

I had another appointment today and all is well. Like I said up top, we are both growing! I had to drink the yummy glucose drink this morning which made my tummy all upset. Mom and I heard her heart beat which is always the highlight of the appointment. That is, unless it is an ultrasound appointment :) Mom and I also walked over to the hospital and pre-registered so now Michael and I just have to sign up for some classes.

Elliette has been moving around a lot more and making my tummy pop here and there. Michael was finally patient enough to feel her last weekend which was exciting but funny too. You see, he has been trying to feel her for the last month or so, but has had no patience to wait for her to move. He would put his hand on my belly, move it a couple times, and then complain she doesn't move for him. I am glad he finally felt her though!

We are now all registered and I thank my lucky stars for having my best friend by our side to guide Michael and I through all of the baby goodies! There is SO much stuff. We definitely had a good time scanning, giggling at the nipple butter and breast pumps, having lunch, reminiscing about some old memories, some more scanning, blizzards, and definitely our plans to head out to the Potato Patch. I hear from them both that this is the place to go for some good food and dinner rolls literally tossed at you. I am excited about our dinner plans to this out of the way eatery!

Okay, well since writing this blog originally (see above in red), we have made it to the Potato Patch. Michael and I went to church with my friend Kristin and her family and then we headed to the Potato Patch. I must say the drive was worth the food and the rolls they toss are delicious!

Speaking of goodies, Michael got me a snoogle!! And I love it! I think he is a little jealous of my heavenly body pillow that morphs into odd shapes to help support all parts of your ever changing, pregnant body. Really, when I first got it and tried it out, he tried to sneak a leg onto it too. I had to politely ask him to scoot off as this pillow is only big enough for me.

As far as the house, they are moving right along. We have a roof and it's finally starting to look like a house. Michael has been going pretty much every day and meeting with the builder often to make minor changes. Right now we are looking at putting a central vac system in and hope to finalize this week. We've met a lot of people that are also building on our street and many of them are young families similar to us. We look forward to having playmates for Elliette and hopefully new friends for us too! It will be completely different from our old neighborhood which had minimal kids and was a quiet little cul-de-sac.


Back porch with pine ceilings

Me in the foyer

Looking into the living room from the kitchen

With a roof!

The back with a roof

3 comments:

  1. Yay, I love it all! The baby news, the house pitures, and the shout-out to the friend that helped you register ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oohh the house looks lovely and big! Cant wait to see it finished. What color brick are you going with? Just realized that you answered all my questions in this blog that I just emailed you. hehee. bad blog stalker = me!!

    miss you!

    ReplyDelete