Thursday, October 14, 2010

The final countdown

I am not even going to apologize, but I do realize it's been a while.

I have to say that you should look for the final countdown cello concert on youtube. One of my favorite videos. It's a few young guys that are pretty awesome with their cellos.

Like you care about my favorite youtube videos...I am sure you want to hear about what's been going on and what is coming up. I've been working, trying to rest (sleep is not so good anymore), and getting ready for Elliette. Well, what I can get ready considering we are not in our own home yet. Michael has been working, checking on the house, and well...getting quite a bit of fun time in. He has been golfing quite a bit recently, spent a weekend in New Orleans for his cousin's bachelor weekend, and enjoyed a Texans game. I think he may owe me a night or two of babysitting down the road...I'm just saying. No, really, I am glad he is able to do a lot of these fun things before her arrival and I think it is a nice break for him since he has a busy work schedule/check on house schedule.

We close on our house next week! Woohoo!! Can't wait! It looks great and the appliances are amazing :) Can't wait to cook Thanksgiving in the new kitchen (I WILL make it happen). I went by this afternoon and Elliette's room is green, our last appliance (the fridge) is in, and the courtyard has been all cleaned up. Tomorrow we have our final walk through and get to go over all of the warranties and fun stuff. I owe you all a lot of pictures, so these will come after closing next week.

I am now 36 weeks and counting...the last stretch of the pregnancy has seemed to be the slowest. I had my appointment today and will now go every week. The doc did my first internal exam, yuck. The cervix is very thin, but not open yet and Elliette is very low. I had to say it again to my doc in the form of a question, "so, she is low? 'cause I have a lot of pressure and pain down there." The doc replied, "Oh yeah, that bowling ball feeling between your legs is definitely your daughters head." Sick I know...but I feel it. The mornings are the worst. I've also been starting to have those weird cry for stupid reason moments. I don't know if it's the anxiety from work, the house, the new baby, or what. I am sure it is a combination of all. I have also had some pretty intense, raging moments that include thoughts of doing bad things to people. It usually happens when it affects the safety of Elliette and myself in the car. I imagine it is how those ridiculously large, gross, idiots at the gym feel when they have taken their "power juice" to get them even more ridiculously large, gross, and idiotic. So, now we will just take it week by week and see how it goes. I know, I owe a belly picture too. I'll do that along with house pictures after closing.

Oh, Michael and I also took a newborn class and we toured the hospital. I have to say that the class was not worth the $30. I think we would have been fine without it. We don't plan on taking any more classes. Plus, it adds to my anxiety...do this, don't do this...I think once we have her in our arms everything will fall into place and we'll figure it out as we go. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying I think this will be a piece of cake, however, I do not think I need to continue spending $30/class at the hospital to tell me things that women and families have been doing for years and years. It's just not for me. I also was disturbed by the video of the crazy doctor shushing so akwardly on the babies he was trying to swaddle and put to sleep. He would shush so LOUD and breathe right on the babies face. Doctor or not, I don't know what I'd do to the person breathing and shushing all over my newborn baby. The tour was kind of fun, I guess. It was nice to see the rooms and get an idea of what to expect when you come in...not that I'll remember all the steps and processes the nurse told us. My plan is to go in when it's time and allow the staff to point me in the right direction as I have all of the confidence they'll make sure I am in the right place.

I am sure I am leaving things out since it's been over a month since my last post, but I'll either take care of it in the next one or you'll be so excited with all the new pictures on the next post that YOU won't even remember!

Goodnight for now!

3 comments:

  1. Hehehe loved this whole post. I was thinking "I want house pics and I want belly pics" and then you read my mind. Can't wait to see everything. 36 weeks!?!!! wow. So so so close!! miss you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it me or are you a little too calm about the "going into the hospital part"? You make it sound like a piece of cake...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Al,

    I'm not really worried about it! I am sure it won't be a piece of cake, but all of the pain will be worth it! Plus she's been in there for 9 months...it's time.

    ReplyDelete